Grizzly 525 Hunting Knife
Our Grizzly 525 Hunting Knife is a unique design inspired by the strength and ferocity displayed by the colossal grizzly bears in Western legends. The knife was painstakingly handmade by one of our gifted Pakistani knife artisans using beautiful Micarta or Red Deer stag antler, hand-forged San Mai Damascus steel, and beautiful decorative file work that extends from the lower third of the blade back to the entire length of the handle tang. The outstanding composition of the three layers of the San Mai steel on the blade creates not only an outstanding visual appearance but also a blade that has a highly sharp edge due to the Damascus 15n20 high-carbon steel inner layer while maintaining a high level of durability to withstand shattering with the forging of high-chromium 440c steel on the outside layers of the blade. The knife and its all-leather sheath reflect the raw power and beauty of the fantastic North American Grizzly. Thank you for your purchase, and may you experience a lifetime of enjoyment!
- Overall Length: 9.50″
- Handle Length: 4.75″
- Blade Material: San Mai Damascus
- San Mai Damascus – A combination of Damascus steel in the middle and Stainless Steel on the outside. It offers superior strength and durability due to the properties and location of both steels. The inner layer of Damascus provides hardness and outstanding edge sharpness, while Stainless Steel outer levels provide high corrosion resistance and durability. The remarkable wavy blade appearance is due to the revelation of the edge layers of the Damascus and stainless steel during the blade shaping process. Due to the nature of carbon steel used in the blades, corrosion may become an issue if not kept lubricated with a food-grade oil such as mineral oil.
- Handle Materials: One of the following: Red Canvas Micarta, Blue Canvas Micarta, or Red Deer Stag Antler. Canvas Micarta is highly resistant to water and oil and is also highly resistant to cracking and separation issues. The Red Deer Stag Antler is a solid and durable natural material for knife handles. Unfortunately, due to its porous nature, bone affects its stability and makes it susceptible to deformation and cracking. Excessive temperature, light, moisture, and changes in humidity can all negatively impact the characteristics of the bone over time, so care must be taken to protect it from these elements.
- File Work: A beautiful design that runs from the lower one-third of the blade back along the top and butt of the handle
- Blade Length: 4.75″
- Blade Style: A clip-style blade allows a quicker and, thus, deeper puncture upon insertion into an object.
- Blade Fuller (Blood Groove): The fuller allows the knife to be lighter without sacrificing blade strength or integrity. The fuller is sometimes inaccurately called a “blood groove,” which is not the purpose of a fuller. Over many hundreds of years, it has also transformed into both a functional component and a decorative feature to enhance the knife’s beauty and reveal its underlying composition of blade material layers.
- Sheath: An all-leather friction-style sheath with an exquisitely engraved image of the indomitable Grizzly.
- Origin: Pakistan – Hand-Forged and Handmade.