Premium 400/1000 Whetstone Sharpening Kit
The Premium 400/1000 Whetstone Kit has a 400-grit (medium) and 1000-grit (Extra Fine) side. Each side is designed to take metal off your blade edge at different rates. The 400-grit will take more metal off the blade’s edge and leave a rough edge surface. The 1000-grit side will take less metal off the blade’s edge and leave a smoother edge surface. For all practical purposes, these two grits are what 90% of most people need to professionally restore their knife to an above-average factory edge of sharpness. Depending on how dull your knife edge has become will determine which side you will use. When determining which side to start with, a good rule of thumb is to try to cut a thin piece of paper before starting the sharpening process. If the blade has incredible difficulty cutting the paper, start with the 400-grit side; otherwise, use the 1000-grit. In addition, using the Edge Angle Guide will significantly assist you in maintaining a 20-degree sharpening edge angle that most knife owners prefer. It’s important to remember that determining the dullness of your blade and learning how to sharpen your knives takes practice, so don’t try to be perfect the first couple of tries – have patience, and your skill level will improve in no time!
Important Notice: Restoring a Slightly dulled blade edge while hiking, camping, or fishing can be accomplished with our Mighty Mite 335 Quick Sharpener. The super light and compact Mighty Mite 335 incorporates a two-step process to sharpen and hone your blade edge. First, it uses two 25-degree tungsten carbide blades for precision sharpening, and Second, it uses two ceramic rods to remove unwanted metal burrs created in the first step. We highly recommend getting both tools to keep your blades Rockin and Rolling at home and on the go!
- Overall Dimensions: 8 3/8” Long x 3 5/8″ Wide x 1 3/4″ Wide
- Weight: 3 Lbs
- Country of Origin: China
- Kit Components & Materials:
- Base: This bamboo base securely holds the sharpening or flattening stone while sharpening your knife. The rubber feet on the base also keep it from sliding on the work-table surface.
- Stone Holding Base: This rubber base securely holds the sharpening or flattening stone inside the bamboo base.
- Edge Angle Guide: This plastic guide ensures the edge of your knife is at a 20-degree angle during the sharpening process.
- 400/1000 Sharpening Stones: The 400-grit stone is designed to aggressively remove more metal from a severely damaged edge. The 1000-grit stone is designed to remove metal less aggressively from an edge that is only slightly damaged.
- Flattening Stone: This black silicon carbide stone is designed to keep your sharpening stone surfaces flat to ensure the even removal of metal from the edge.
- Instruction Booklet: A full-color step-by-step approach to sharpening your blade, along with a video link of how to sharpen your blade.