Elk 575 Hunting Knife
Our Elite Elk Hunting Knife is a unique design inspired by one of the largest deer species on earth, weighing in at up to 700 pounds and able to run as fast as 40 miles per hour and jump vertically eight feet. These awe-inspiring animals garner instant respect with their massive antlers and incredible bugling during the rutting season. This knife was painstakingly handmade by one of our gifted Pakistani knife artisans using exquisitely sculptured, darkened (burned), and highly polished Red Deer stag antler along with a blade that has been hand-forged with the finest “Stainless Steel” “mirror patterned Damascus steel. This steel’s outstanding composition creates an outstanding visual appearance and a blade with an extremely sharp edge while maintaining high durability to withstand shattering and rust formation by incorporating chromium in the forging process. In addition, a beautiful decorative filework design was incorporated into the back of the blade and handle tang that makes the knife pop! The knife and its all-leather sheath (with a striking Elk head engraved) honestly reflect this massive beast’s strength and majesty.
- Overall Length: 11″
- Handle Length: 5″
- Handle Materials: Red Deer Stag Antler. Red Deer Stag Antler is a solid and durable natural material for knife handles. Unfortunately, due to its porous nature, antler affects its stability and makes it susceptible to deformation and cracking. Excessive temperature, light, moisture, and changes in humidity can all negatively impact the characteristics of the bone over time, so care must be taken to protect it from these elements.
- File Work: A beautiful design that runs from the lower one-third of the blade back along the entire length of the full tang of the handle.
- Blade Length: 6″
- Blade Style: A “slight” drop-point style blade. Great for all-around use due to their versatile shape that incorporates a good tip, belly, and plenty of edges.
- Blade Fuller (Groove): The fuller allows the knife to be lighter without sacrificing blade strength or integrity. The fuller is sometimes inaccurately called a “blood groove,” which is not the purpose of a fuller. Over many centuries, the fuller has also been transformed into a functional component and a decorative feature to enhance the knife’s beauty and reveal its underlying composition of blade material layers.
- Blade Material: “Stainless Steel” Damascus Steel.
- Stainless Steel Damascus – A combination of multiple stainless-steel alloys followed by repeated heat treatment, folding, and welding. This method creates a distinct, intricate pattern on the surface. The resulting material combines the corrosion resistance and durability of stainless steel with the aesthetic and functional qualities of traditional Damascus steel. It’s renowned for its exceptional mechanical properties, including hardness, sharpness, and corrosion resistance.
- Sheath: An all-leather friction-style sheath with an exquisitely engraved image of the indomitable Elk.
- Origin: Pakistan – Hand-Forged and Handmade.