Gurkha 1500 Tiger Kukri Knife
The Gurkha 1500 Tigar Kukri Knife is a perfect example of the craftsmanship of the Gurkhas of Nepal, renowned for their loyalty, professionalism, and bravery. This high-quality knife is made from Damascus steel and has a 10-inch blade. It’s ideal for everyday carry, hunting, and trekking, and the canvas Micarta handle comes in various colors and is designed for a secure and comfortable grip. The all-leather sheath fits snugly to the knife and includes a pocket for a sharpening stone. The Gurkha 1500 Tigar Kukri is an exceptional knife that will stand up to any challenge and adventure.
- Overall Length: 15.00″
- Blade Length: 10.00″
- Blade Style: Kukri
- Blade Material: Damascus (D)
- Damascus – A combination of 1095 high-carbon steel and 15N20 carbon nickel steel. Damascus steel is beautiful due to the vast selection of visual layering patterns available. These wavy patterns are created by folding and twisting the steel in various steps during the forging process. The remarkable wavy blade appearance is due to the revelation of the edge layers of steel during the blade shaping process. The steel itself is highly durable due to its resistance to chipping and breaking while maintaining a sharp edge for long periods of use. Due to the nature of carbon steel used in the blades, corrosion may become an issue if not kept lubricated with a food-grade oil such as mineral oil.
- Handle Length: 5.00″
- Handle Material: Canvas Micarta
- Handle Lanyard: Yes – Four-loop Hangman’s style lanyard
- Handle Colors: Canvas Micarta – Black, Red, Green, Brown, and Blue Green
- User: Left or Right-Handed
- Brand: Red Duck Knives
- SKU: GURTKK1500-D-TXRD-MI (D= Damascus Blade Steel, TXVV = Textured Handle and Handle Color (RD, BK, GN, BR, BL), MI = Handle Material – Canvas Micarta
- Product Type: Fixed-Bladed Kukri
- Best Use: Everyday Carry (EDC), Hunting, Wilderness Trekking
- Sheath: All-leather friction-style sheath with sharpening stone pocket (stone included) and leg tie-down.
- Origin: Pakistan – Hand-Forged and Handmade.